It's a milestone for me. I have never been "tagged" in anyone's blog before. Thanks Jen for tagging me. Jen's blog was one of the first running blogs I came across. And I enjoy reading hers a lot on a daily basis. She has a cute daughter that she writes about too and we share a love for Biggest Loser.
The rules of this nomination are: Tell my readers seven random things about myself as well as pass on the award to seven other great bloggers.
Nominees, in order to accept this award you must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. Write seven random things about yourself.
3. Award seven other awesome and inspiring bloggers.
So on to the good stuff, 7 random things about myself:
1. I was born in England. Not because I was an Army brat or anything. That's just where my family is from. To this day I am not an American citizen. I'm a good 'ole Green Card holder. The picture in my blog header is one that I took on a recent visit to England.
2. They filmed the original Beverly Hills 90210 at my high school in Torrance, CA (I moved to Cali when I was 6 years old). I was also in a couple episodes as an "extra". Kinda cool if you grew up in the 90210 / Melrose Place era.
3. I met Princess Diana when I was a little girl. Shook her hand and everything. (Also, Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II)
4. I love living in Salt Lake City. It's seriously a great place to live. While I am not Mormon (a common first question when people learn where I live) and I don't have any "sister wives" it's a gorgeous place to live and the people here are really nice.
5. I hate cross training. Since I no longer have a gym membership I feel like my cross training options are limited. I really need to get a gym membership again!
6. Even though I love living in SLC, I would still take the beach over the mountains hands down.
7. While I haven't even run my first half marathon (however I will be in a few weeks), I'm already thinking about how I would like to run a full marathon one day. Preferably before I turn 40. That would be my next big goal.
Tag you're it, while I don't personally know any of your face to face, I really enjoy each of your blogs:
Kimberly at Healthy Strides
Carrie at Family Fitness Food
Fancy Nancy at Living the Dream
Rachelle at Running for Trevor
Kerrie at MOM VS MARATHON
Amanda at Runninghood
Amanda at Run to the Finish
I don't think most of these lovely ladies know about my little blog. But I read all theirs and think they're great! So pop over and say hello. I'm also linking up with Jill today for Fitness Friday Blog Hop, pop over there too and share some comment loves.
Do any of you have some tips for making cross training more fun?