Thursday, February 16, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  I think I'm in love with sandwich rounds.  I switched from deli meat to an egg salad sandwich every day at work.  Well really it's only 4 days per week because I treat myself to a hot lunch on Friday's.  This past weekend I grabbed a package of multi grain sandwich rounds.  Ever since I heard on CNN that bread is the biggest contributor of sodium to our diets I've been looking at sodium even more than before. These sandwich rounds had less sodium that the Sara Lee bread I was eating and they're only 10 more calories.  And I think I love them.  So delicious!  I highly recommend giving them a try, even though they don't look very big.


2.  I found out last night that one of my second cousins husband passed away from a massive heart attack. He was only in his 50's.  It makes me so very sad for them and their family.  They had two children.  A son who is getting married in June.  And a daughter, unmarried.  She will not have her father to walk her down the aisle and that makes me very very sad.  She was in my wedding and recently went through a very rough break up.  Life is so short.  I watch as my brother is going through a terrible divorce right now.  Battling depression.  Paul's death reminds me that life is short.  I hope my brother is reminded that life is short too.  I just want him to be happy.

3.  On a happier note.  My other brother called me last night on his way home from work.  He said that he'd gone online to register for the SL Half Marathon.  He was complaining that the price had gone up to over $70.  Then he says he noticed that it was only $14 to do the full marathon.  And did I want to do it with him?  I laughed.  HARD.  I said no.  As much as I would love to run a full marathon and I'm actually seriously considering the SL Marathon next year as a very viable option for my first.  So I pointed out to my brother there isn't nearly enough time to train for it.  There are only 9 weeks left.  This week we're scheduled to run 8 miles for our long run on our HALF marathon plan.  That if we had 9 weeks left of a FULL marathon plan that we'd be needing to run 17 miles this weekend!  His response, "Well I ran 3 miles last night.  I felt pretty good.  I could have run another 14."  *sigh*  To which I reminded him he's 10 years younger than me, 6'4 and very naturally athletic.  While he may be able to crank out 17 miles .. I could not.  Sadly I will NOT be switching to the full.  But this time next year I could very likely be running 17 miles this coming weekend!  And THAT is very exciting.

Peace.  Love.  and Happy Running.

2 comments:

  1. We buy the sandwich rounds too! Love them! So sorry about your cousin. Losing loved ones is hard.

    That's crazy to think a training long run would be longer than a half marathon! I hope I can do it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sandwich rounds.

    Too funny that he said "I could run another 14." Hilarious.

    So exciting for next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!