Saturday, November 5, 2011

Experimenting with Fuel

As of a couple weeks ago I have begun experimenting with fuel.
It's kind of exciting knowing that I now need to do this.
Since that means that I'm running longer.
Which in turn means I'm logging more miles.

I know that I need to figure out what works and what doesn't before Vegas.
So I purchased an assortment of things to try.
By the way .. the size of these things would make for GREAT stocking stuffers.
Too bad my kids wouldn't like them.


So far I've tried the Nuun (Grape and Tropical), both were good.
The Clif Shot Bloks (Strawberry), YUM.
GU Chomps (Blueberry), good.

I'm very intimidated by the GU Energy Gels.
But I can't imagine not liking the Sport Beans.
Because really, who doesn't like Jelly Beans?

I've also been trying to get used to running with a handheld bottle.
I went with an Amphipod Hydraform Handheld, 20 oz bottle.
Before that I had tried a smaller bottle and I don't know whether it was the hot day,
the fact that it was the first time, or the style bottle .. but I hated it.
The Amphipod however is just fine.
I kind of would like to give an Amphipod fuel belt a try, but we'll see.

For now the experimenting is going well.  Nothing has been gross or upset my stomach.

Does anyone have anything extra good they would like to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!