Thursday, November 20, 2014

POP QUIZ .. it's like high school all over

Do you all remember those survey's from high school?  Perhaps I'm dating myself here .. I will be turning the big 4 - 0 next week.  *vomit in mouth* .. seriously turning 30 was so much easier.

I digress.

The awesomely talented Kimberly at Healthy Strides tagged me in a post and I am most happy to oblige!  I'm generally NOT a cool kid but this week I felt a tiny bit cool.  Thanks Kimberly!

Four names that people call me, other than my real name

Carebear

Keredwin

Babe

Honey

Four jobs I have had

Project Manager

Bartender  (I make a mean margarita!)

Collections Rep

Accounting Dept. Manager at a Termite and Pest Control company!

Four movies I've watched more than once

"Love Actually"

"Easy A"  .. I just love Emma Stone.  And all the 80's movies references .. melt my heart.

"Grease"  .. Who didn't know the words to all the songs and sing along like they were Sandy??

"Pretty Woman"  .. I mean c'mon who doesn't remember, "Big mistake .. HUGE .."

Four books I'd recommend

"Kite Runner"

"Memoirs of a Geisha" .. just awesome.

"Lean In"  .. I'm actually not even 100% finished but I'm LOVING the messages in this book.

Guilty Pleasure:  Black Dagger Brotherhood Series .. sexy vampires?  Yes please.  DON'T JUDGE

Four places I have lived

England .. born there.  Bet you didn't know that!


Los Angeles, CA  .. grew up there and it still holds a big chunk of my heart.

Sandy, UT

West Jordan, UT  .. but I don't drink the kool aid as one would say here.
 


Four places I have been

Paris, France

Aruba

Hawaii

New York

Four things I don't eat

Olives

Pickles

Fish .. cooked .. raw .. it's all just disgusting

artichokes .. unless chopped really tiny and mixed with spinach and LOTS of cream cheese .. because doesn't cream cheese make everything better??

Four of my favorite foods

Cafe Rio / Costa Vida Sweet Pork Salad .. come visit me and I'll take you there.  Your world will be rocked.

Sweet Potato fries

Cafe Zupas, Wisconsin Cauliflower soup .. so good.

Haagen Dazs, Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream .. Cold Stones Peanut Butter Perfection is a close second!

Four TV shows that I watch

Nashville .. I don't love country music but I LOVE this show

Chicago Fire  .. I don't know why but I've always loved fireman shows or emergency shows

Parenthood .. this should be at the top of my list.  I'm SICK that it's been cancelled, it's brilliant!

Vampire Diaries .. back to that guilty pleasure category .. the men are just gorgeous to look at.

Four things I am looking forward to this year (I'm thinking 2015)

No more child support to my husbands oldest son .. RAISE!!

Phoenix Marathon .. I need some redemption

We will be debt free come summer (except for our house)

Planning some sort of family vacation .. we're due.

Four things I'm always saying

"It is what it is."  I'm a big believer in accepting and moving on.

"Be quiet!!!"  .. usually yelled at one of my 3 boys.  They are just so loud!


"Please .. please .. just DO YOUR HOMEWORK."

"I am so worn out."

Four People I tag

Katie

Jess

Kim  .. it's been awhile

hello fancy pants  .. not sure if you read but just in case

and any other possible reader that might be out there .. join the fun!

**********

Thanks Kimberly for making me feel cool this week!

Do you have kids?

Do you fight with them over homework EVERY night?

     -  Please someone share a trick with me!  Homework is going to be the death of me.


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I forgot to mention that I NEVER watch a movie twice, unless it's an accident. I just don't see the point. I loved the Kite Runner and Memoirs of A Geisha! Great books!! And funny about the child support....I'm on the receiving end of child support and feel the opposite. Hahaha! =) And "I'm so worn out." is like my life theme....will I ever not be worn out?????? Good luck planning your vacay! Can't wait to see where y'all go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @5 Miles Past Empty...I feel the same way about movies usually! I just can't do it! Love Actually...I can watch that one over again! And worn out...yes, Amen!

      Delete
  2. I love these posts because I get to learn about people I don't know so well! I agree about Kite Runner and Memoirs of a Geisha. Although Kite Runner made me really sad for awhile. Love Actually...one of my all-time favorites. And I'll eat your olives, pickles and artichoke hearts any day! I have kids...3 of them. Homework isn't a big issue but so many other things are...fighting, cleaning their crap up, getting them to stop arguing when I say NO! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!