Friday, July 18, 2014

Five Things Friday

Happy Friday people!  I am so ready for the weekend.  I feel like I haven't seen my kiddos all week.  I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with them.  Can you even believe that school goes back NEXT MONTH??  That just makes my heart break a little.

1.  I went to see this movie last night.  I had read the book. I knew it was sad.  But good LORDY watching it play out over the big screen was gut wrenching!  I'm not always a huge fan of watching movies made of books that I've already read, I often find myself bored.  This movie was adapted well though.  Even if the actors were brother and sister (Divergent) now becoming lovers .. weird? .. maybe a bit!  Good stuff though .. just make sure you take a big big box of tissues.


2.  I have tried desperately to get back on track with my eating.  So I've been eating turkey sandwiches and veggies all week.  (well for lunch anyway)  I was doing really well until #1 (movie last night), when I ended up devouring a philly cheesesteak sandwich at the theater.  It was SO good.  And now today I haven't been able to get a FreeBirds pork quesadilla out of my head.  I swear once you bring back in the really good tasting food then turkey sandwiches and veggies just don't sound that good anymore!


3.  It's been over 100 degrees here some days this week and this happened to my furnace.  That's ICE!  It stopped working and my house was 85+ degrees.  It sucked.  However, it only cost $134 to fix and the house is cold again.  I'm calling that a WIN since it could have been worse!


4.  Oh and this guy.  My baby.  He gets a bloody nose and I actually think he was proud of it.  Love him.


5.  This ranks in the top of my favorite race pictures.  I feel like I look heavy, especially across the shoulders and arms.  But setting that aside I love it.  I'd just finished my first Ragnar leg last month.  I was tired but I'd worked hard and looking at the picture that's what my face says.  I just love it.


**********

What are you all doing this weekend?  Leave me a little comment love!

          -  I'll be spending some time in the sun at the lake.  Hopefully I don't drink too many margaritas!

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing you post stuff again. I like that race pic too! That is really weird that they would cast her brother in Divergent as her lover in the new movie. I've been doing protein shakes for lunch these days. I put frozen banana and some peanut butter in with a vanilla flavor shake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that movie yet because I've heard it's so sad. At this time in my life, I can't handle a sad movie! Haha!
    My ac went out about a month ago, it was miserable. It was a cheap fix too though, so that was nice.
    Hope you enjoyed your margaritas on the lake! That sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that happy tired exhausted proud feeling we get after working so hard in a race! I'd love that picture too if I were you! And sad movies and books...can't handle them! Way too sensitive...they stick with me for much too long. But I've heard this is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!